Reply to post: Re: That picture

Japan finds long, deep tunnel on the Moon

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: That picture

the supermarkets don't give a flying turd about it.

Why would they? Trolleys get left out in the car park and birds crap on them, about which they can do nothing, some food packets leak juices that have a very high chance of carrying pathogenic bacteria. And I suspect the dirtiest area of a shopping trolley is the handle. There have been a number of studies in the US and UK, both of which tend to indicate that discount store trolleys carry more bacteria and superstore or upmarket supermarket trolleys and baskets, I'll let you draw your own conclusions on that (in my experience, kids in trolleys is far more common in superstores than Aldi or Lidl). The re-use of shopping bags adds another compounding influence that tends to harbour bacteria and dirt, but that's not the store's responsibility.

So when the trolleys get sh1tted up anyway, why would a supermarket pick an argument with somebody who is about to give them money? At one end of the spectrum the staff risk threats or actual violence from the sloping-forehead element of society, and at the other the customers will take offence and shop elsewhere.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon