Reply to post:

Tell the public how much our tram tickets cost? Are you mad?

gskr
Facepalm

Additional information - there are a bunch of card readers at all the tram stops that a sensible person might assume are part of some sort of oyster card equivalent system.

In actual fact the company that was tasked to deliver the scheme was sacked by TFGM after wasting several years and a huge amount of money. Now they are kindof up and running using a very crippled scheme. The cards (which you have to apply for and then have posted to you) can only be preloaded with individual (bus) tickets / passes (bus or tram) bought in advance (that are equivalent to the range you might be able to buy from a bus driver) There is no means of just putting money onto the card and having it work out and deduct the cost of your travel automatically - no sir- because despite the fact London has managed to do just that for over 14 years its beyond the wit of the those in charge of Manchester's public transport. No single tickets can be used for multi-mode transport. Many different bus companies operate different routes, and sell their own day/week passes (that cant be used on each other, or the tram). The few multi-mode passes available are too expensive to be worthwhile for most people, and some of them are only available from travelshops (of which there are a grand total of 2 in Manchester) To load individual bus tickets you need to go to a newsagent or a Travelshop.

There's a whole bunch of other craziness around this scheme, the extent of which makes it a massive waste of time for post people. Needless to say its a disaster in its current form. Read https://startupsventurecapital.com/a-beginners-guide-to-using-my-get-me-there-manchester-s-hilarious-attempt-at-reinventing-london-s-70a6d1dde246

So does it surprise me a question as simple as "What does it cost for a tram ticket" is too hard for TFGM - unfortunately... no

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon