Reply to post: Good advice MS

Microsoft silently fixes security holes in Windows 10 – dumps Win 7, 8 out in the cold

Kiwi Silver badge
Coat

Good advice MS

"Windows has a customer commitment to investigate reported security issues, and proactively update impacted devices as soon as possible," a Microsoft spokesperson told The Register.

Not often I congratulate MS but I took this advice a while back and upgraded my OS to something current.

And I don't regret it in the slightest. My machine is running absolutely mint right now!

(Oh yeah, BTW MS - something you might want to look into. Had to donate a HDD to a friend so he could run W10 on a 4yr or so old motherboard - one of the last non-UEFI models. Seems you cannot install W10 on a 3TB HDD and have it see all of the disk, W10 can only handle 2TB on a boot drive on a non-UEFI mobo. Shame MS, utter shame! With Linux and Apple I believe you've been able to do this easily since >2TB & gpt were possible, without faffing around for hours trying to install special drivers just so windoze could talk to basic hardware which other stuff does OOTB!. You deserve contempt for these continuous ridiculous failings!)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019