Reply to post: Not an Apple fan at all but...

Microsoft silently fixes security holes in Windows 10 – dumps Win 7, 8 out in the cold

Anonymous Coward
Windows

Not an Apple fan at all but...

I do have to admit that OS X starts to look more and more appealing every week. It doesn't have all this FUD nonsense which Microsoft provides us with, to my knowledge it doesn't try to coerce or force you into upgrades you don't want and best of all most of the software I use also runs on Apple (as far as I know).

As said I'm not a fan, I still think that in many cases Apple is pretty overpriced for what it can do, but I'll also be the first to admit that I don't have full hands on experience. Even so... In 3 years from now I wouldn't be too surprised if I would indeed jump ships, simply to put an end to all this intrusive and oppressing madness.

And the worse part? I actually like Windows. The environment as a whole is impressive, it definitely has a solid hierarchy and administrative structure build into it. Of course I also think it's kind of bloated, but that's another story.

How many more people would feel this way when nonsense like this keeps popping up again and again?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019