Reply to post: The PC industry sure needed Surface to remind them how innovation looked like

2019: The year that Microsoft quits Surface hardware

Sil

The PC industry sure needed Surface to remind them how innovation looked like

Microsoft needed Surface because PC makers were not innovating, still focused on selling crap with horrible hard drives and HD screens at the same time smartphones took off and tablets were introduced.

Then they tried to sell horrible tablets too. with crappy hardware, horrible design, no autonomy.

Surface showed them that touch could be interesting, that pen could be interesting, that 2 in 1 could be interesting and that good build quality and design could sell.

The only problem with Surface is that they went from premium pricing to extortion pricing, and customers did not follow.

I hope Microsoft will come down to earth and offer more realistic pricing, because while PC makers did tremendous progress, I fear they'll get complacent again.

I was very satisfied with the RT, the SP3 & the Surface Book. Like any products, the Surface products can't be everything to all people. However, they are damn fine and unique products if you have a need for it. I absolutely could use a Surface Studio if the pricing wasn't that elitist.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019