Reply to post:

Hollywood has savaged enough sci-fi classics – let's hope Dick would dig Blade Runner 2049

Alistair
Windows

Sooo many things.

I'm avoiding all the teasers and trailers -- just am terrified that Hollywont has done the "we're out of ideas and this sold well the first time lets do it again" to one of my favourite movies.

I read the book at about 11 or 12. Perhaps that's why my cynicism is so pure. The movie, although not much of the book, captured the (excuse me whilst I borrow a club from Lee) aesthetic. (cough) -- no, not aesthetic, the horrible sense of dystopia that was salted throughout the novel in Scott's imagery and atmosphere, and I, despite missing aspects of the book, thoroughly enjoyed it. It has place of privilege on the bookshelf, the DVD shelf and both on the zfs array and on backups and snaps. Ford and Hauer were *perfect* for the roles they played and in my eyes captured the entities they portrayed spectacularly well. Mind you I'll agree with Lee, it is one of the movies that has set the bar, much like 2001 and Clockwork Orange, to which we (?my generation?) compare cinematography. ( okay- there are some youngsters out there who know who Kubric et al were )

The SO and I have a weekend away planned (No KIDS!) this weekend, I however doubt that we'll be getting out to see this one in theatre whilst we're napping, eating, sleeping and reading ... (no electronics unless I get paged). Perhaps next week or so.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon