Reply to post: Re: RE: Sabroni

BoJo, don't misuse stats then blurt disclaimers when you get rumbled

Phil O'Sophical Silver badge

Re: RE: Sabroni

exclude people from voting on the grounds that the vote is only advisory

Sorry, you're seriously claiming that making a vote advisory in some way prevents people from participating? That has to be the most ludicrous sour grapes comment on the referendum that I've seen so far.

British citizens resident overseas for more than a certain amount of time (I think it was 8 years, but stand to be corrected)

15 years. Was 20, but Tony Blair decided that expats were more likely to be rightwing and reduced it. Cameron promised to remove the limit, but didn't.

there was never any possibility of most people being properly informed about what the vote actually meant in the first place.

That's perhaps the most damning comment about modern politics. You're seriously claiming that the vote wasn't valid because people weren't correctly told how they should vote by either side? I can see why you like the EU model, keep 'em voting until they get it right.

If people haven't got the interest and time to learn about the issues and make their own minds up then they shouldn't be voting. It's not a playground game, it's a serious matter.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon