Reply to post: Repulsed by adjective 'nonhuman'

Monkey selfie case settles for a quarter of future royalties

Colonist-in-IT

Repulsed by adjective 'nonhuman'

I have not read the 90+ comments already posted in response to this article, but I will. I would like to post my immediate thoughts now, while they are still fresh in my mind and my emotional state is at a peak of repulsion.

I can only assume most of the 90+ comments are in the scope of societal rights for animals and the activist people that passionately support these self imposed rights. I have nothing to say on the efforts of PETA and other organizations who selflessly seek to carry out our (all peoples) God given responsibility to care for all His creatures.

The thing that blows my mind is the novel use of the adjective "nonhuman" with the word "animal" !

It seems to imply that 'Humans' are 'animals'. We are NOT!

I fear the coupling of these two words marks the beginning of a 'blurred' boundary between Man and the rest of God's creations. When we (all people) accept the needless construction of words to convey a literal distinction, we must use great caution. Even more so, when the chosen construction can be grammatically correct, therefore more easily accepted as 'truth'. This "acceptance" grows stronger as time goes on until, what was harmlessly accepted in context, is harmfully accepted alongside other slightly related 'Lies'.

Case in point - The acceptance of the word "gender" as a replacement for the word "sex". The word 'gender' was accepted in society probably because people were offended by the immoral "gutter-minded' thought implied by the word "sex" (verb, not noun). Which, by the way is an incorrect connotation of the word 'sex'. Sex (verb, not noun) is a beautiful act of procreation, between two people (not animals) of the opposite 'sex' (noun, not verb), male and female. The word 'gender' has its origin in the word 'genus' from biological genes that define the specific boundary between male and female. Today we accept the word 'gender' as a blurred non-specific personal definition that any person is free to choose based on his/her 'feelings'. Today, society accepts a biological male to qualify his 'gender' as a female and make lawful use of female restrooms, clothing, motherhood, etc. All because this male person 'feels' more feminine, despite his anatomical structure (based on his genes).

Even though the word 'gender' truthfully should describe a person's genes, we (all people) have harmlessly accepted the incorrect use, which has resulted in a harmful application and corruption of truths.

By the way, I like smiley monkey pictures.

-Daniel

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon