@whoseyourdaddy Re: I can see the value in certification
Again, you did not read the article and, apparently, did not click through to the original article referenced which says:
"The next morning, Day woke up and rolled over. As he did so, a dog-tag necklace that he was wearing happened to catch on the exposed prongs of the charger head, which had come loose from the extension cord."
No where in either article is there any mention that this was anything other than the original iPhone charger. Regardless, the charger itself, whether original or third party, was not the cause of the incident. Rather, it was the probably shoddy connection between the charger and the extension cord into which it was plugged which was to blame.