Reply to post:

Bombastic boss gave insane instructions to sensible sysadmin, with client on speakerphone

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Reminds me of the time I sat in a meeting with the biggest dickhead in the world from sales discussing data and reports.

I tried to explain what he was asking while not impossible wouldn't work when we put it in excel, I tried many different explanations by wording it in as many ways possible. I even drew him a picture but no he just would not have it.

Then my boss piped in and said "just do it" so I tried to explain it to her but no she was on the sales excitement train of what they thought they could get from this report.

In the end I did it and it was the most useless stupid report in the world though I did have a good laugh when I had to explain the report as it was a case of "why is it like that?", "Because that's what you asked for and I told you this is what you would get". I did try to offer alternative suggestions to get close to what they wanted but when some people get one track minded there's no point.

I left after a month of so.

Idiots like that are 10 a penny in the workplace.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon