Reply to post: Been having troubles with Excel

If at first you don't succeed, you're Microsoft trying to fix broken Excel 2016

Captain Obvious

Been having troubles with Excel

Sucking up memory like a Bill Clinton intern and constant crashing. Worse, it is a crap shoot copying from SQL Server output to Excel and maybe or maybe not the columns will line up. (Same data and NO commas tabs etc in output to cause this). Reboot and it works again until the next screw up. All I see is worse products pretty much across the entire 2016 suite. Constant locking up and crashing of Excel on wired connection.. Office 365 should be renamed office 312 (or less). Maybe the outages are because Office 366 is not out there to handle leap years.

I do wish corporations would just throw in the towel and go for alternatives as they certainly do exist. Not to mention the POS called Windows 10, that if I want to install a printer, and I remote into the machine as an admin, and the printer I wand it not listed (print server), it gives me a security error. Have to log on as user, can do this, but to install - you guessed it - needs admin login and password. WTF that an ADMIN cannot install a printer??????

Rant over - what was once a relatively decent company is declining (same with IBM too)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon