Reply to post: That virtue signaling!

Microsoft president exits US govt's digital advisory board as tech leaders quit over Trump

Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
Windows

That virtue signaling!

I do no longer need to go to the hairdresser, my hairs gets frisquéed just by reading these thunderous vapid pronounciations by the truly worthy.

Mozilla are holier-than-you kids with diversity (and bug-fixing) issues, but the IEEE should be staid enough to stay out of this and not beclown itself. I'm a bit embarrassed on their behalf and I suspect this will lead to some noises in the ranks. I can't remember them coming out against BLM or Obama's non-pronounciations against undocumented shopping? Or, more relevant to engineering ethics. his boastful killing spree using drones and predilection for mas surveillance?

Meanwhile, right-wing blogger Anatoly Karlin writes better stuff than any journalist: The Ascent of Society 282

Europe famously has hate speech laws, which run the gamut from banning Nazi propaganda to criticizing mass immigration.

Russia’s version of it is Article 282, which has been used on everyone from genuine Neo-Nazis and radical Islamists to the nationalist pundit Konstantin Krylov for stating that it’s “time to do away with this strange economic model [of federal subsidies to the Caucasus]“.

And yet if the United States has an exceptional degree of respect for absolute freedom of speech, encodified in the First Amendment, this is mitigated by its organic “Society 282,” as the Russian nationalist Egor Prosvirnin has poetically called it.

In the days the Unite the Rite march in Charlottesville, in which one antifa counter-protester was killed by a Neo-Nazi going postal with his car (the MSM version of events; reality might be rather different), Society 282 has gone on a veritable purge of Alt Right and Dissident Right content on cyberspace...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon