Reply to post: Re: I'll stick with C#

The future of Python: Concurrency devoured, Node.js next on menu

bombastic bob Silver badge
FAIL

Re: I'll stick with C#

"Does Python have an equivalent of C#'s await keyword that allows you to program asynchronously the same you do synchronously?"

probably not. but just because it's in C-pound does NOT make it great.

C-pound is a java-like wrapper around Micro-shaft's *HIDEOUS* ".Not" architecture. Period. They couldn't embrace, extend, and extinguish Java, so they made their own. good for them. It's hard to see it *EVAR* get above 6 percent on the TIOBE index, even after all these years of Micro-shaft shoving it at developers like it's a panacea language.

Python, on the other hand, is TRULY platform independent. Use Python with GTK and you can make platform independent GUI applications. And don't bother with the "mono" and ".Not WHORE" nonsense. those are just LAME.

/me screamed when gnome added Tomboy and forced the 'mono' crap into gnome desktop as a huge monolithic pile of dependencies. Fortunately it went away.

Python makes an excellent wrapper around programs (and, granted, python extension modules) written in a proper compiled language like C or C++. Whereas, C-pound is just another Micro-shaft hack, for people who've drunk their coolaid and become addicted to it.

no thanks to C-pound.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon