Reply to post: Split screen market?

Nokia's comeback is on: The flagship 8 emerges

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Split screen market?

For DIY broadcasters this is great, but you wonder how many others care about taking split-screen (front and back) images or movies.

Add that with the sound and cameras and you have a proper multimedia phone, and that may well be what they sell it as.

I say that is a bloody huge market, it's just the reg readership is completely the wrong demographic. This for those things called kids and Millienials

Reality check.

99% of "normal" people don't give a toss about sealed batteries, as they will swap it out at end of contract. If they did, none of the best selling phones would y'know, be best sellers.

Most people don't need waterproofing unless they do have the habit of dropping it down the crapper. Splash proof is fine for most.

Oddly most people do care about that 1mm, no idea why as they then stick a bloody great case on it wiping out any savings, but it seems they do.

At the end of the day it comes down to marketing. Crap marketing, Crap sale. Good marketing, good sales (I really can't believe I'm saying this).

I think it will do OK. No amazing, but ok.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon