Reply to post: Have you ever been in a position to definitively tell an employer they're wrong?

Hell desk to user: 'I know you're wrong. I wrote the software. And the protocol it runs on'

EVMonster

Have you ever been in a position to definitively tell an employer they're wrong?

About a thousand years ago when I was 18 I had a series of jobs while waiting to join the Police Force. Back then I seemed to be able to stroll from one job to another all unskilled but at 18 who gives a fig.

So I am screwing wheels on 3' x 2' X 2'6"" document containers, four of, one in each corner really skilled job.

When the wheels were attached I had to put the lid on and push it toward another PFY who ensured the top fitted OK, removed the top and stacked the wheeled base, loading a stack on a lorry when it was 15 containers high. I could not help noticing the logo emblazoned on the lid 'UK Stationary Wharehouses'.

The next suit that went past was the company owner so I stopped him and said 'I think some fool has made a spelling mistake', yes it was him. After several people came out of the office checked the spelling and then shuffled back to the office the boss reappeared and I was sacked. These days I would have kicked up a fuss but back then Nah...

Now when my companies screw up I keep schtum!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019