Reply to post: Re: asshe but

Your top five dreadful people the Google manifesto has pulled out of the woodwork

hammarbtyp Silver badge

Re: asshe but

"I genuinely think long gone are the times when an idea was shot down with a well constructed counter argument as opposed to just being silenced by any means necessary. I get the impression that (for some people at least) censorship is more agreeable if the consequences for ideological deviation are of a non-violent nature. Whilst I disagree (mostly) with what he said, sacking him simply enforces a lot of his points about the bigotry that exists within Google"

If this is censorship why are we still talking about it. Censorship is typing falun dong in a search engine and getting a visit from the secret police.

The young man had every right to express his opinions, he just didn't have the right to expect to work for a company whose opinions go directly against the expressed cutltural aims and brand of the company after doing so.

He is still allowed to express his opinions, he just has to find a different pedestal to do so

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019