Reply to post:

Google diversity memo: Web giant repudiates staffer's screed for 'incorrect assumptions about gender'

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

This could all be resolved if they just put more kitchens in the workplace. They could have "Bring your washing to work" days. Just think of the savings as they would no longer have to employ cleaners and the canteen would run itself.

Women in the workplace certainly gets my vote.

And before anyone gets up on their high horse this is purely sarcasm to illustrate how f*cking stupid it is that we are having the same discussions over and over again. The pay difference can easily be fixed by demanding the same pay and not selling yourself short, you know what you do and you know how much it should pay, it's called the internet and job vacancies. At the end of the day people should be employed on ability and that is all. If women are not predisposed to working in tech then we need to fix the education system. As a father of two girls I've seen how they go from "I can do anything" to "that's a boy thing" as soon as they enter the education system and I'll be damned if they are going to go through life with that attitude.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019