Reply to post: Re: Great, but...

Did eye just do that? Microsoft brings gaze tracking to Windows 10

Anonymous Coward
Thumb Up

Re: Great, but...

For myself and perhaps others like me, this has value. Due to a shipyard accident, I've bone spurs growing into and shredding my spinal cord from my skull to C6. Also the whole thing is fusing itself along with severing the Vagus nerves as they grow out. Way beyond any intervention due to malpractice by the Navy and Veteran's Administration. Can't even sue them.

Typing is already a chore as my fingers don't always go where I'm mentally directing them. Mouse, too. So gaze tracking combined with Dragon Naturally Speaking or similar really, really sounds (pun intended) good. I've been buying hardware for builds over the last twenty years that was very (overly?) capable for DNS and other speech-to-text solutions. And I finally have a tablet (Fusion5 10.6" 108 in case you're interested) that doesn't need me to spend much to take advantage there.

So, they may actually get me off (heavily modded) Windows 8.1U1 on a lapable device over to Windows 10. Getting something where it'd work that I can afford as portable is another question. Great timing here, though. I've one new, extremely capable* build in process as well as one rebuild, quite a bit less capable as it's the media server**. It takes me a hell of a lot more time than it used to on those, dammit.

Need compatible camera. Also measuring what I can stuff in wheelchair undercarriage. Oh, goody! A real reason to go all over the web and drool over hardware. My favorite rabbit-hole.

*-Dual Xeon, 96 GB, Tesla, massive storage capacity.

** Core 2 Duo, could stuff a Quad in there. You now see these puppies selling under $100 now refurbished. Hyper-fast storage though, now.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon