Reply to post: USB C = 1 cable to rule them all

Microsoft Surface laptop: Is this your MacBook Air replacement?

patrick-o-matic

USB C = 1 cable to rule them all

I believed the anti-MBP brigade, and was worried about replacing a failed machine with the latest model - in fact, it is great.

The touch screen keystrip is fantastically useful for all those keyboard short cuts you can never remember (shift-command-thingy to step-into or whatever).

The keyboard is a bit clacky - I assume that's to compensate for the fact the key travel is reduce, but it's actually clacky in quite a nice way. Took 15 mins to get used to it.

USB-C is just awesome, I can't wait for it to become common place. ONE WIRE to connect up to my desktop monitor, SD card reader, charger and ethernet. Huge improvement. All the old USB kit still works with cheap and easy-to-buy adapters, no biggie (more than can be said for the thunderbolt adapters, thanks Apple). I can even charge the lapper in the car with a five quid cigar lighter cable, binning the chunky and inefficient inverter.

My only complaint - the second power adapter I bought (for desktop use) didn't include the cable to connect the power supply to the computer. Come on Apple, yer having a laugh - 80 quid for a power brick and no sodding cable?!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon