Reply to post: Re: Not really a weakness in ApplePay

Wallet-snatch hack: ApplePay 'vulnerable to attack', claim researchers

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Not really a weakness in ApplePay

I saw something very interesting along that vein today. In my corporate email today I received a notice that I had a "voicemail". If I hadn't installed a new collaboration tool a couple days ago I would have assumed it was spam, but it had me going for a minute.

After looking at the domain I decided it was probably some sort of malware, so I hovered over a couple links and did some googling and found it was a company that forges phishing emails for companies to test their employees. When I scrolled to the bottom of the email (a lot of whitespace in the way) there was a link to tell the sender you figured it out :)

If there were more things like this that try to catch people and tell them "you were just fooled, this was only a test but next time it could be real" if they clicked on the 'malware' maybe it would educate more people. It is at least worth a try, so I was encouraged to see this email today. I suspect it will catch a lot of people, especially if they have timed it to go out after they install the new collaboration tool you think "did that give me some sort of voicemail box I didn't know about?"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon