Reply to post: Re: Contention ratios are poor guide to congestion

Retailers would love an NBN backhaul tariff restructure

Jasonk

Re: Contention ratios are poor guide to congestion

"Thanks for the data. It confirms that for 100Mbps speed tier that percentages are very similar with the exception of FTTN having significantly more on 25Mbps than 12Mbps compared to other fixed technologies. For FTTN, 100Mbps abvoe 10% is surprisingly high."

Yes Mathew why pay for faster speed on fttn when nbn only guarantees for 1 sec in a day 12Mbps during the 18mth transition and 25Mbps for 1 second in a day after that.

"Please provide evidence to the contrary. The complaints I've seen are about congestion caused insufficient CVC as the big issue.". Already provided that in a link previously but you must have just glossed over is as it doesn't suit your narrative as usual. But then the other evidence is Telstra moving people down teirs because fttn can't deliver the speeds people wanting to PAY for.

"I find it amazing that you see 80% on 25Mbps or slower as a great result on a network that is capable of 1Gbps. Personally my reaction is tears. It is also sad to see the number of 1Gbps connections drop from 22 to 17."

It's amazing that's you don't see 65% of people picking 25Mbps or above now will bring issue for a network only designed to deliver up to 25Mbps when it's still years away from being finished.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019