Reply to post: Re: Do the asking not the answering

Nearly three-quarters of convicted TV Licence non-payers are women

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Do the asking not the answering

Yep, but a fairly standard template letter every two years, gives you a bit more piece of mind.

I'm not saying my way is better, I'm just saying I prefer not to have the conflict in the first place, and it's the polite way of doing things.

The middle class jobsworths have the courts/establishment on their side, and genuinely doing the opposite, to anything that is established as the norm, is still quite difficult in the UK, even when you genuinely don't watch the BBC. I'd even question if watching the shite (BBC) is still the "norm".

Try making a complaint to your local Council about the lowering of speed limits (which have been done on an "experimental" basis (i.e. there is absolutely no fucking justification on safety grounds, this is being done soley to remove tolerances to catch more "offenders") or the time and location of lazy cash cow speed cameras, see how far you get.

They don't listen one bit. It's all about fines and income (getting grants for speed calming to keep their depts funded), that's all they see people as now. It's all just another form of regressive taxation.

Que, all the twats that say stick to the limit, you won't be fined. I am sticking to limit, it's just you keep lowering them to catch even more people out. When is a limit set low enough? When they meet their speed fine income quotas?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon