Reply to post: Re: The man thing...

Electric driverless cars could make petrol and diesel motors 'socially unacceptable'

defiler Silver badge

Re: The man thing...

Although Jay Leno said that the car saved the horse. They stopped becoming work tools and started being instruments of leisure.

If 99% of the cars on the road were electric, and the other 1% were cosseted classics, I'd be delighted and the air would be cleaner (provided the electricity were clean).

At least then you'd know that a noisy car would also be a visual treat instead of an 18-year-old in his mum's Corsa with holes punched in the exhaust and a liberal approach to the accelerator.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

  • Enter your comment

  • Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019