Reply to post: Re: Slowly and surely they drew their plans against us

Web inventor Sir Tim sizes up handcuffs for his creation – and world has 2 weeks to appeal

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Slowly and surely they drew their plans against us

but for me it means that I have all my DVDs ripped to my NAS and backed up properly without those horrid effing ads or "previews" for films I never was interested in in the first place

Ah, but you've just given me an idea. The fact that I have legally purchased media only means that I have purchased the content I actually want to see. If the distributor wants to force me to see other content, I have a very easy answer to that: he'll have to pay for my time, and as a consultant that can add up pretty nicely.

I think I'm going to keep that option in mind when this evolves. I'm quite OK with running a test case on that basis. Just because I buy a car doesn't mean you should be able to force me to pass certain billboards before I can go where I want to go - f*ck that.

I wish for all these execs to be forced to ensure the screaming of 4 year olds while they're waiting to get the "you won't steal a handbag" bit before the movie comes on. For at least two months.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019