Reply to post: Re: Crickbait

Feelin' safe and snug on Linux while the Windows world burns? Stop that

LewisCowles1986

Re: Crickbait

Well there's a limited view, but lets take for a moment, maybe why you need multiple tiers of support. The software and training don't meet a business case.

I'll agree that there are some pretty high-profile F-ups with migrations to Linux, but there are always high-profile F-ups with existing system migrations.

I'm one of those "linux people" that isn't "working in IT and aren't likely to in any capacity above 1st line support." except I am. I've had people working on government IT fly in to ask my advice, so I don't give AF about your autistic screeching against non-windows advocates.

If we're going to talk about large companies with legacy, non-windows is the main-case. Ford uses mainframes running COBOL that came about before Windows existed; Facebook uses Linux, Netflix server uses linux in all their open-source projects. The top 500 super-computer index windows last was listed in 2015 in position 436.

You are basing your judgements likely on anecdotal experience from within a windows oriented business that might dabble in Linux, treating it's IT like a candy-shop. If your CEO is educationally subnormal enough to believe that spending min 5k per-server and .2k per-seat is a good idea (that's just pro windows and office at volume), then I worry for the future of your business, because software does augment business massively.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon