Reply to post: Re: "the advantages of Systemd"

Create a user called '0day', get bonus root privs – thanks, Systemd!

Oh Homer

Re: "the advantages of Systemd"

I believe the "faster boot" bullshit was officially dropped by the Poettering cabal's propaganda division, once they discovered that this claim wasn't supportable with any actual evidence.

From the many conversations I've read on the subject, as far as I can tell, the sole reason for Systemd is that Poettering absolutely detests the fact that other distros are not Red Hat, refuse to adopt Red Hat's initscripts and various other distro glue, and therefore are a problem ... to Red Hat. But not to anyone else. Anywhere. Ever.

Obviously the solution to this non-problem is to mutate every distro into the bastard son of Red Hat, by "unifying" the init, and subsequently in the long term all distros, into a single Master Race distro, which for the sake of argument we'll just call "Red Hat".

This will then be followed by an intensive propaganda campaign in which choice is stigmatised as somehow being a bad thing, along with the perverted notions that war is peace, freedom is slavery, and ignorance is strength.

Then the book-burning ceremony begins, followed by tea and biscuits.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon