Reply to post: Re: Choices, choices

Tick-tick... boom: Germany gives social media giants 24 hours to tear down hate speech

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Choices, choices

> Consider this article by Boris

Consider the date of that article and the evolution of online communications since then.

Consider what the comment sections of "serious" media looked like and 2011 and what they look like now.

Consider this little conspiracy theory of mine, with absolutely no proof to back it up and no subject knowledge to argument it, but I do wonder what percentage of "user comments" in those media come from actual humans acting independently, as opposed to bots such as the ones you can hire to "like" your own Fartbook page, or that of your product, or the Amazon Turk reviewers writing extolling the virtues of your product, or writing scathing comments about your competitors. I think one possible indirect measure of that phenomenon, if it exists at all, could be to look at the level and quality of interaction between posters (someone writing a pertinent reply to someone else's comment).

Lastly, tangentially in support of the above, consider this rather amusing article from last year.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon