Reply to post: Re: I've no problem with this if the general was fulfilling required flight hours...

French general accused of nicking fast jet for weekend trips to the Sun

Voland's right hand Silver badge

Re: I've no problem with this if the general was fulfilling required flight hours...

Unless the said general is current in a flying instructor position, I fail to see the need for him to keep himself current.

Want to tell it to this guy?. He happens to be a president of NATO country and is still flying up to the required limit for a fighter pilot.

Not on alpha jets either - he uses the board number 29 - the one seen banking out of formation on the photo and can fly it like probably only a handful of people can. Officially Mig-29 cannot do the Pugachev Cobra or a Bell. Unofficially, if you have an outright nutter at the controls - it can. So I suggest you convince him to push a pen as he should as he has been a "pen pusher" according to your definitions since 2000 (last 17 years).

It is not like the Duke of Edinburgh and the First Sea Lord practice A.S.W., the Chief of Air Staff goes on strafing runs with an Apache or the Chief of the General Staff goes for sniper practice.

Maybe that is the problem in the first place.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019