Reply to post: Re: "Extremists"

US voter info stored on wide-open cloud box, thanks to bungling Republican contractor

codejunky Silver badge

Re: "Extremists"

@ Rattus Rattus

"If you were referring to Bernie Sanders, I should remind you that his views were actually pretty centrist. In fact he could have been any NuLabour candidate, and he wouldn't have been too far out of place even among the Tories."

I was referring to Bernie (as I was referring to only the democrats) who in the US where he was trying to get elected is an extremist. That doesnt mean he is evil or that you must disagree with him, but he was certainly an extremist. His views were entirely different to how the US has and does work. There is nothing wrong with being an extremist politically and it can add to the debate. And we all know Bernie and Corbyn were added to their respected parties 'electables' to make the preferred candidates look better.

The reason you give for claiming he is centrist is because you compare him to labour and tories who are in the UK not the US. You might as well compare him to China's leadership, Russia or N Korea or any country in the world. It doesnt matter, he was running in the US and his views were pretty extreme.

If we want to look at the Republicans I was a fan of Rand Paul who was extremist as he was a libertarian while everyone else on both parties was authoritarian.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon