Reply to post: Re: Yes, I know. I'm a wimp.

Labour says it will vote against DUP's proposed TV Licence reforms

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Yes, I know. I'm a wimp.

"If it was the IP of my router sir, may I suggest a neighbour or someone in a car utilised my routers wifi connection on the many times I open it up for all to use. Otherwise maybe someone hacked it while it had a passphrase. "

"You don't happen to know the MAC address of the offending device connecting to the router and streaming and the name of the individual sitting behind that device at the time? No to both of them? Then your right honourable sir, I would say that is case closed unless the defendant has said something specific to nail themselves".

If they can't see or hear your tv and you close the door on their face without giving them any information, that is usually the end of it.

I signed up for the new iPlayer using a popular throwaway email provider, while connected to a VPN in another country and using a random UK postcode from a google search. It even let me play the content while on the foreign IP address too. So no geo-blocking at the time I tried at least, all based on a legit postcode. Bit like US streaming services where everyone non-US signs up as living in Beverly hills with a 90210 postcode :)

The BBC TV Tax is like Marmite. People either love it or hate it

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon