Reply to post: Re: News to me

Labour says it will vote against DUP's proposed TV Licence reforms

JimBo59

Re: News to me

The Poll tax, or everyone pays in - then you get it back if you cant afford it tax.

That would have been a nightmare to implement, but actually is fair, in that at least everyone would 'see' how much stuff costs, even if they don't end up leaving their hard earned cash with the government to do it.

I was taught economics by two teachers, one left wing and one right wing. They agreed that everyone in politics wants the same goal, enough for everyone. The difference is how to implement.

Left wingers think government knows best and will ensure the money goes into the right places, if you just give you money to us.

Right wingers think that once you have enough you will donate time and money to the right places to fix the issues.

In truth I find that government need to fix some of the long term issues, but are useless at the short term ones, so I kind of think we do OK.

Biggest issue is we have the NHS, fantastic idea but introduced without long term funding plans. Just like so many other government ideas, could it be due to a 4-5 year term and no personal responsibility for the results?

Government passed a law that affects Banks (maybe other areas too) to cover this the 'Senior Management regime' where if you should have known better you can be fined personally as well as the company. Time to get this to Everyone in Every job, stop the stupid 'I was told to' and 'I wont have to sort it out' responses.

I do think of entering politics but I am too blunt and can't agree with any party enough to join.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon