Reply to post: Re: I Look Forward To...

Walmart workers invited to shuttle packages

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: I Look Forward To...

...getting deliveries from someone driving an '86 Chevette that sounds like an unbalanced washing machine and leaving in its wake a great black plume. Though I imagine the filthy, unwashed child in the arm that the driver isn't using to carry the package will be a bit depressing.

The deliveries are most likely to be as the associate returns home from work, so there won't be an unwashed child with them. Even on the way TO work, they shouldn't have family members with them.

Actually I've wondered what they've thought through for the legal side of this. It would be hard to say that a walmart employee making deliveries was a "contractor" unless it was kept entirely voluntary.

If an employee who is a contractor runs over some small children while making a delivery, then it's the contractor's fault. If a Walmart employee runs over some small children while making a delivery, then it's suddenly walmart's problem.

BTW, Amazon Prime Now deliveries and even Next Day delivery already comes from a fleet of privately owned vehicles (including 86 Chevettes).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon