Reply to post: Re: "Get couriers to deliver to a nominated supermarket"

Amazon granted patent to put parachutes inside shipping labels

TheTor

Re: "Get couriers to deliver to a nominated supermarket"

DPD suck balls though.

"Hi, we are going to deliver your package on a day we know you wont be there. Re-arrange delivery through our website if you arent going to be available, or pick a nominated safe place, etc".

OK, let's log on to their website and pick the 'leave in a safe place - enclosed front porch' option.

At work the next day, receive a text message - 'We attempted to deliver today, but no one was available to accept the package'...

OK. Perhaps the delivery guy didn't read the instructions too closely, so let just save trouble and rearrange delivery to my local pickup stop - a newsagents just down the road. Confirmation text message received the next morning that my package would be delivered according to my preferences later that day. While at work, I receive another text saying my package wouldn't be delivered to my pickup location, as the item was 'unsuitable' for store delivery and would be delivered to my home address (which of course meant I wouldn't be there yet again).

OK, let's log on yet again and pick the 'deliver to a neighbour' option.

On the way home the next evening, after not receiving any more messages, decided to check the tracking. Apparently the item was 'picked up from the depot' (on the far side of London) from someone called 'DISPOSED EMPTY'. Apparently they considered their job adequately complete at that point.

The item in question? a £2 fidget spinner (not for me I might add!) that could have fit through my letterbox, that didn't even require a signature...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon