Reply to post: Re: Bullshit

Google can't spare 113 seconds of revenue to compile data on its gender pay gap

Jeremy Puddleduck

Re: Bullshit

Oh P. Lee, you sound lovely, really lovely. I bet the women are flocking to spend time in your company.

a) I'd take a bet that almost all women care about their families and whether they work or not does not affect that. Men with families to care for mainly go to work - are you...suggesting they don't care for their families? Women go to work for many reasons - because they want to, enjoy work, want to help support their families, the same sort of reasons as men.

b) while I think that is true, it shouldn't be. Why should a part-time job earn less per hour than a full time job when the nature of the job is the same? Part-time employees (and a growing number of these are now men, so you may want to start showing a little more concern about this) are no less committed to the time they spend at work then full-time employees.

c) Women often don't climb the career ladders to the same height as men, whether they take career breaks or not.

Why so defensive about getting a pay analysis done? It can benefit everyone if the stats are more transparent, men and women. Celebrate the opportunity instead of trying to hush us up.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019