Reply to post: Lots of vinyl here

Bye bye MP3: You sucked the life out of music. But vinyl is just as warped

Captain Badmouth
Happy

Lots of vinyl here

Though not played too often. Thorens TD160, SME3009 MKII fixed head, Shure M75ED, Ditton 15 spkrs (with ABR's- seen that somewhere else recently, can't remember though...), Sansui cd player, NAD amp and tuner. Was once, a few years back, tempted to uprate the cd player but saw that one of the top-end cd players actually had the cheapest Philips cd deck fitted, so didn't bother. Was definitely going to build an am stereo receiver featured in Wireless world, obviously no am stereo in the uk but being an avid swl in my youth the thought of listening to the fading stations on sw and mw move across the room was very tempting. ( Upper and lower sidebands were fed to L&R channels respectively.) The design used the new ceramic filters at the time. I'd still like to do it but I lost the article in a house move and can no longer remember the issue no. If anyone listening here has it, please let me know. I still have the wireless world circuit for stereo headphone use which compensates for the phase difference across the head to each ear. Someday...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon