Reply to post: Re: "three million [licence] enforcement visits were carried out in 2015–16"

Capita's huge role in UK government should go under the spotlight

tedleaf

Re: "three million [licence] enforcement visits were carried out in 2015–16"

But then the figure is probably not counting repeat visits to the same address,we got nine visits from "enforcement" officers who just would not believe that we didn't watch ANY tv,I knew the law far better than they did and rebuilt/Borges a couple of vhs video machines so that not only did they not have working tv signal tuners,but no tuner system at all,I told them to take one away for their tech dept to look at,I got a snotty letter back admiting that there was no need for a licence to operate them as tape only players but that didn't stop them trying still,we got 2 more visits were we let them in to search and examine equipment and read their own letter,the last arsehole "enforcement" test complained because we did open front door in less than 15 seconds,told him to f off and that if they wanted to make any further visits they had better have police officers with them with a proper court warrant,never heard sweet f a from them after that...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon