Reply to post: Re: Clickbait headline

Welsh Linux Mint terror nerd jailed for 8 years

Kiwi
Black Helicopters

Re: Clickbait headline

He used Linux Mint on a USB drive to store documents relating to terrorism.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

I might be a bit odd but... I've often managed to store documents and even movies on USB drives without the need to have an OS on them!

But what might really scare the authorities is that I have a USB stick that has Mint, Falcon4, an older Fedora and a Win7 installer. It also has documents that may "be of interest to a terrorist organisation" - help files for F4, instructions on how to install Mint or 7 and a few other things (hey, I'm sure some of those people in Daesh etc would love to know how to install an OS or fix a broken computer! :) )

I better head to bed now. There's been a military-looking chopper circling my place on a regular basis these last few weeks.1 They must have found my secret mountain lair!2 They're on to me! 3

1 True - there has been a military-looking (ie grey) chopper making regular overflights and some circling in the area above me. But a) I'm in a common chopper flight path (get several every day) and b) there's actually another relevant reason for it.

2 Well it would be my secret mountain lair if I lived on a mountain. And if this place was secret.

3 Course they're on to me! Not like I keep my activities secret...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon