Reply to post: Deserves ZERO credibility.

Infinidat puts array to the test, says it 'wrecks' Pure and EMC systems

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Deserves ZERO credibility.

I'm shocked this article wasn't laughed off the proverbial stage, but hey it got me to comment I suppose. The blog post by BC and this article specifically don't deserve an ounce of credibility. I won't even speak to the test ran by EMC. I had a 7-year old Clarion perform better than what EMC stated Pure performed, which I can undoubtedly say is entirely false (recent testing showed 330K-ish 16k W IOPS on Pure's m20, second gen with well below 1ms latency), but that's not why I'm posting.

I'm posting because I'm hopeful for a time where tech wins because of tech, and not marketing BS. I've seen it in numerous purchasing cycles with all the OEMs and the misinformation spread here by Infinidat is completely irresponsible, although they're fighting for a piece - that I get. It just comes off as a cry for help.

Consider this my Jerry Maguire memo.."Have Fewer Clients". Infinidat just happened to be the straw. I want these companies to start getting called out for their BS. Feels like I'm on Facebook during the Presidential campaign.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon