I hate advert(iser)s because
* They follow me around the web, and my privacy be damned.
* They show stuff I have no interest in buying.
* They show stuff I've just bought and won't be buying again for ages.
* They support sites that generate otherwise worthless content - quality be damned. If sites made content that is valuable to people, then those people will pay to access it.
* Sites are designed around them, rather than the content the site is providing.
Anything that diminishes their presence on the web is a good thing, imo.