Reply to post: @Wolfetone

Oh snap! UK Prime Minister Theresa May calls June election

fruitoftheloon
FAIL

@Wolfetone

Wolfetone,

I could be wrong, but I suspect that the study of Economics isn't one of your strong points???

As to 5,000,000 sprogs in poverty - eh what, would this be absolute or relative poverty?

My grandad grew up with eight siblings in a two-room London East End slum in the early 1900s, no heating, no running water, no inside toilet, THAT was poverty.

[In the UK] having to scrimp and save a bit or heaven forbid, not having a 56 inch 3D TV or perhaps needing to learn how to do a domestic budget ISN'T poverty.

Also a year or so ago, we would regularly lean on our local food banks to put grub on the table, I regularly care for my wife (who has a chronic health condition) when she can't work and I am currently awaiting the outcome of a mandatory re-assessment for my ESA benefit whilst trying to startup a little business, so I have a better idea than most of life at the sharp end...

On a related note, have you written to the ex-President who actually signed off the legislation that fundamentally caused the sub-prime crisis in the first place to ask him to chip in???

So what is your plan to settle the deficit?

Btw 'soaking the rich' might make you feel better, but it would be like peeing in the wind re the deficit...

Chin up matey, the world is still spinning!

Jay

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon