Reply to post:

Oh snap! UK Prime Minister Theresa May calls June election

wolfetone Silver badge

The UK is one of the richest countries in the world.

The UK continues to sell weapons to Saudi Arabia.

It's health service has seen year-on-year cuts to it's services, resulting in catastrophic waiting times and delays in the winter we've just had.

There have been cuts and after cuts after cuts to disability benefits for those who can't physically work.

Councils are cutting social services as well as public amenities due to savage cuts set by the Government.

More than 5,000,000 children are in poverty.

I bolded the last one because it really is a WTF moment. We have all this money we can pump in to our "defence" forces to attack other countries. We have all this money that allows us to create sweetheart deals for individual councils while other councils suffer cuts. We have all this money to give MP's yet another rise in their take home pay.

But we can't give a child one free cooked meal at school a day. How's that for nearly 10 years of Conservative policies?

Actually no, sorry. I forgot it's all to tackle the deficit. The deficit that the nurses, the children who weren't even born at the time of the financial crisis, the disabled, Joe Soap who works 40 hours a week to make ends meet caused. They all caused it, so they should pay. Those bankers were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, but I'm glad that we bailed them out after their gambles didn't pay off.

I wish the tax payer would do the same for me when I put £1,000 on a 150/1 shot to win the Grand National, only to end up falling and getting shot.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon