Reply to post: What about us Storm owners?

WileyFox disentangles itself from Cyanogen

I Like Heckling Silver badge

What about us Storm owners?

I spoke with Wilefox customer support about a problem with the OS that has left my torch non functional... the flash itself works fine, but the torch function has been removed entirely and I was told (and I have it in writing) that the Storm would be getting an update.

That was last year... and still no mention if the Storm will be getting the Nougat upgrade or not.

I loved the concept of the phone, all of the extra security and privacy measures are essential in my opinion and I already have truecall and it works very well indeed. In fact they just updated it so that you can now use it for SMS filtering too... although I've not tested that part as it means changing SMS to use truecall app rather than my current one.

If the Storm doesn't get this upgrade soon, it will be the last Wileyfox product I buy... Far too many makers hang customers out to dry in this manner.

Compare this to the nVidia Shield I purchased 12 months ago... Came with Android 5... and has now had 4 system/OS updates over the last 12 months. 5.1, 6 and just a couple of months ago they pushed nougat OTA to users... NOW THAT'S HOW YOU SUPPORT CUSTOMERS.

Every other manufacturer should take note and follow nVidias example. It's convinced me to replace my crappy little android TV box with a Shield TV one next month.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon