Reply to post:

Printer blown to bits by compressed air

CrazyOldCatMan Silver badge

Making them inhale the dead flesh of their colleagues.

In my home server room[1] I (roughly once a year) shut everything down and, using a hand vacuum, clean out the servers in the acoustic case[2].

Not that much human dust, more cat fur, fine sawdust from the cat trays and, doubtless, dried cat-sick[3]..

[1] Yes - I have a server[4] room at home. Doesn't everyone? It has a stairgate across the door in winter (so it can warm the upstairs[2]) and the door is shut in summer and the aircon gets switched on. Both irritate our senior female cat immensely as it deprives her access to a nice warm room[3]

[2] The server room is next to our bedroom. Newer server makes a lot less noise but it's still noticable, even with the acoustic case.

[3] Having 6 cats, 5 of whom are rescues and 2 of them were really quite ill when they arrived and still are prone to vomit at the least excuse. After having a 24-port switch destroyed when a cat vomited over it, I decided to implemet access control.

[4] It still has two servers in the room. But the old Dell 2950 with the 8 15K RPM SAS drives is no longer switched on. Which makes thengs a lot more quiet. The new server has SSD storage..

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon