Reply to post: I don't think this will ever come

ZX Spectrum Vega Plus backers complain of months-long refund delays

msknight

I don't think this will ever come

I was an early backer, but got a refund when it was clarified that the video output was composite and not digital. However, I'm still getting the campaign e-mails so my nose is firmly embedded in the drama.

So far, the little YouTube videos showing the product are low-grade amateur (even lower than my pathetic YouTube efforts) which leaves me to suspect that they've spent all the money already... I mean, they can't even afford a tripod. Nothing of any significant substance is shown. One of the Horace games loading and that's about it. They should be in a position to deliver a video containing something of serious substance by now.

The promised list of confirmed games still isn't presented and the mention of completely having to re-write the firmware... well... the quality coming out of them... I just don't buy any of it. I've got a nasty feeling they'll go to the wall before this product sees the light of day.

I have memories of a certain Acorn advertisement which presented a graph of reliability and failed units of popular machines at the time....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon