Re: So... really... you want it plain and simple.
Four friends sitting round a table, one pips up and says "I want to work in DevOps"... The other three are seasoned IT professionals reply:
- So you want to be a UI developer?
- So you want to be a back-end developer?
- So you want to be a infrastructure administrator?
- So you want to be a network engineer?
- So you want to to be a security engineer?
- So you want to to be a database administrator?
- So you want to to be a support administrator?
Suddenly a consultant barges through the door and says: No, that's old-school and obsolete. Methods of continuous delivery means in-depth expertise in specific fields is no longer required, convergence is order of the day. He wants a role that synergies and leverages these, to deliver a paradigm shift. (Then proceeds to submit an invoice, followed by a quick exit stage left)!