Reply to post: Re: Off at a tangent - providing cover for absences

UK.gov departments accused of blanket approach to IR35

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Off at a tangent - providing cover for absences

Personally ive always found my clients to be very understanding, I'm just a one man band. When my son was born all but one of my clients continued to pay me for the two weeks I was gone. They had no obligation to continue paying me but I was extremely grateful.

That said, I generally report straight to directors / CEOs. They tend to have a better understanding than most. I generally feel better looked after as a contractor than I ever did as a permanent employee.

The one client that didnt pay, I was reporting to a middle management schmuck that was more concerned about his targets than the wellbeing of another human being.

As a result, I rewarded the ones that took care of me and fucked off the one that didnt as I was able to see where I was valued.

The CEO got wind of this and Ive since returned to the one that I got rid of and I now report to the CEO. The schmuck was fired for jeopardising the business for the sake of £200.

I dont expect special treatment at all, but when I get it I give it back in spades.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon