Reply to post: Re: @Treko

US Marines seek a few supposedly good men ... who leaked naked pics of a few good women

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: @Treko

"Saying the women bear some of the blame because they took the photos and should have known it was possible someone could have shared them outside their control is like saying you bear some of the blame if you killed by a drunk driver, because you were out driving at 2am when you should have known there are always a few drunks on the road."

True, but I don't drive in the fast lane on the freeway on weekend or holiday nights, as someone who gets on the freeway going the wrong direction thinks that is the slow lane, and head-on collisions with closing speeds in excess of 110 MPH do not end well. I'm willing to take reasonable precautions to avoid a disastrous result. I grew up in Southern California back in the 80's, and this scenario seemed to happen once or twice each weekend and more frequently on holidays, and it stuck with me.

Or as I told my teenage daughter, she can mitigate the risk of certain things by controlling her own behavior. Not having nude pictures of yourself anywhere prevents them from leaking. Not letting someone you aren't 100% sure you can trust from now through forever have access to them is the next best option.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon