Reply to post: why was this called 'discrimination'

America halts fast processing of H-1B skilled worker visas

bombastic bob Silver badge
WTF?

why was this called 'discrimination'

I have to wonder, why was this suspension of priority H1-B approval called 'discrimination'? Except, of course, "non-U.S. Citizens" might be "discriminated" against by NOT giving them visas on a priority basis... which is a perfectly reasonable thing as far as _I_ am concerned.

It sounds to me like it is another attempt to use emotion-word-bombs to drive people to 'feel' instead of 'think', in order to manipulate the general populous into supporting whatever cause they're using those emotion-word-bombs for. It's just like when everyone DISAGREEING with OBAKA was labeled "a racist" simply for NOT paying the obligatory homage to "dear leader".

It's really about wealthy political contributors stuffing the re-election coffers with funds, and the expectation that gummint policies can KEEP WAGES DOWN. And we all knew that already.

People in India: Form your own companies and compete in the world market along with everyone else. You'll make more money that way, in the long run. Hire locally. If your people are THAT good, then YOUR companies will show for it, YOUR economy will improve, etc..

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon