Reply to post: They're all mostly overpriced landfill.

Samsung phones, Apple's iPhones are 'overpriced', says top Huawei exec

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

They're all mostly overpriced landfill.

When today's flagship tech drops 50% or more in price to the consumer in less than a year, that's pretty much all the proof you need it was overpriced in the first place.

As stated by a previous commenter, you can get a cheap-as-chips budget phone that's got a speedy SOC, 2~4GiB of RAM, 32GiB of onboard storeage, an SD slot, a headphone jack, & even a removeable battery if you look.

The flagship ones offer a (slightly) faster SOC, perhaps a bit more RAM, (slightly) more storeage, & they're increasingly coming with no SD slot, headphone jack, nor removeable battery, all for 5x the price or more.

So yes Apple, Samsung, & pretty much all the others are overpriced landfill, especially when they build in a planned obsolescence timeframe that won't outlive the permanent battery.

Fuck that, I'll go buy an ElCheapo budget phone, save myself the hundreds of folding money, & laugh at your whining about lost profits.

If you offered a good spec phone with an SD card, removeable battery, headphone jack, & no crap overlay UI on top of what's already there, all for a price under the 200Pounds mark, then MAYBE I'd do business with you, but until then I'm voting with my wallet.

*Double handed, three flippers, a couple of tentacles, a freshly grown appendage just for this, obscene gesture in frustration & disgust*

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019