Reply to post: Re: If only..

Post-Brexit five-year UK work visas planned – report

MonkeyCee

Re: If only..

I have, in part due to economy. But mainly because I'm married to a citizen of that country, my child is a citizen of that country, and I own a house there.

Since I've had the right to live and work here since before I was born, having this taken away* is a real PITA. Every institution pretty much shrugs and says "For two years it'll be the same, after that fuck knows".

So thanks to this BS I may well be forcibly separated from my family**, have no ability to plan for work or study after a two year horizon.

I also don't really want a third citizenship. It's annoying enough for tax with two, one being commonwealth.

*to some degree, to be decided when the brexiters get round to working out their plan in a realistic universe, and resolving that with the EU's universe. Which leaves me utterly re-assured.

** it's pretty likely that either Germany, Belgium or the Netherlands will let me become a resident, since I pay tax and don't break the law much, as there is quite strong political will towards keeping their brits

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon